Jaffrey Business Advantages
Jaffrey has a strong reputation as a business friendly community. Town officials are well known for supporting commercial and industrial growth.
- Three areas in Town are zoned for Industrial Development and the Downtown area includes the Commercial and General Business District. Industrial Districts include: Stone Arch Bridge; Drumlin Industrial Park; Knight St (maps and information).
- The Town has made significant investments in the water and sewer infrastructure, and continues to expand service to the Industrial Districts.
- Jaffrey also includes Economic Revitalization Zone (ERZ) Tax Credits (formerly CROP Zones) for the Drumlin Park and Stone Arch Bridge Districts.
- Jaffrey is home to leaders in Industry: Multi-national Medical Fabrication and Development Technologies, Renewable Energy Products and Systems, Pyrotechnics, Matchbooks… Many manufacturing firms are thriving in Jaffrey.
- We have a manufacturing-based economy, creating some 1,200 jobs in goods production, and an additional 1,100 jobs in the service and government sectors. The Town favors 24 hour operations, encourages a strong employee work ethic, and supports excellent regional educational systems through Conant High School and Applied Technology Center.
- Centrally located, with good highways and local roads, Jaffrey is easily accessible to the region’s larger cities and airports. It is less than 45 miles to Manchester-Boston Regional Airport; 60 miles to Worcester and 75 miles to Boston.
- Two Tax Increment Finance Districts have been established for the purposes of promoting an active Main Street program, building and improving infrastructure and supporting economic development. (View maps and information here).
- Jaffrey citizens enjoy a high quality of life with low crime, outstanding recreational opportunities, an aesthetically pleasing environment, and rural lifestyle. More demographic information can be found here.